Moana Kupu Whaiutu 5.0
Maori Spell Checker & Document Utility for MS Office® PC Applications
Moana Kupu Whaiutu 5.0 is a newly revised, multi-purpose, reo Maori resource - that works within Microsoft Office® PC applications - making it easier for you to create Maori and bi-lingual documents, and spell-check those documents.
Moana Kupu provides you with proven resources to make document creation efficient and accurate.
To find out more, access the subject headings below:
Moana Kupu Whaiutu 5.0 is a new generation Maori spell checker / correspondence utility for Microsoft® Word / Office PC applications, from Office 2000 through to the present.
The product features a new, up-to-the-minute, Maori spell checking dictionary together with four "tool bar accessible" lexicons - containing a host of additional reo Maori resources and functionality designed to help everybody produce bi-lingual and mono-lingual correspondence and documents.
Licence options for Moana Kupu are available for the following user groups:
- Private / Home users.
- Corporate / Government / Organisational users.
- Schools - Primary / Secondary, Kohanga Reo, Kura Kaupapa.
- Tertiary - Polytechnic / University
Moana Kupu Whaiutu offers the following functionality:
- Spell check Maori and English in your document in real-time as you work - without switching applications.
- Co-exists with the standard Microsoft Spell Checker dictionary - checks Maori and English spelling in the same document, simultaneously.
- Supports the 'check spelling as you type' feature within MS Office.
- Works in Microsoft Windows 2000 upwards and provides Maori spell-checking capability in any MS Office applications that share Microsoft's common spell checker.
Document Utility functions within Microsoft Word:
- If you don't have a keyboard macroniser, Moana Kupu Whaiutu's tool-bar macron buttons allow you to macronise as you go. The buttons are accessible from the keyboard, providing a Microsoft Word-only macroniser. Hold down Ctrl and ";", and then press the vowel key you want macronised. For example: 'Ctrl+;, a' results in: a.
- An English to Maori "Phrases" lexicon (drop down from the tool bar) allows you to select (and insert) common Maori phrases to include in correspondence.
- A Maori to English "Variances" lexicon (drop down from the tool bar) allows you to check Maori word variances, and identify the correct meaning.
- An English to Maori "NZ Place Names" lexicon (drop down from the tool bar) allows you to insert Maori place names into your documents.
- A "Countries" Lexicon (drop down from the tool bar) allows you to insert the Maori translation for the majority of foreign countries into your documents.
- Moana Kupu Whaiutu "interfaces" with Te Ara Kupu (where installed) and/or Wakareo online (when subscribed to) to give you access to more than 100,000 terms, from within your current document. If Te Ara Kupu is not running in the background (or is not loaded), then when the 'Query Word' function is run, the query is passed to Wakareo Online, which will attempt to load in an internet browser.
Moana Kupu Whaiutu Tool Bar and explanation.
To view image click here
Moana Kupu Whaiutu 5.0 works with:
- Windows 2000 and above (Unicode compatible)
If your application uses the Microsoft common Spell checker, then Moana Kupu should work in your application.
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows '95
- Microsoft Windows '98
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Office '2000
- Word 7, 8, 9, 2000
- Excel 7, 8, 9, 2000
- PowerPoint 7, 8 , 9
- Microsoft Publisher 98, 2000
- Applications that share Microsoft's common spell checker.
Moana Kupu Whaiutu compatability with the following operating systems and/or applications has not been verified at the time of publication - end users who order this product for use on these systems are responsible for verifying suitability for thie uses.
- Microsoft ????
Moana Kupu Whaiutu's spell checking dictionary facilty contains more than 41,000 Maori words consisting of:
- The vast majority of common use words (excluding words that cancel one another out) including all contemporary words available at the time of publication.
- Iwi, hapu, waka, and personal names.
- Maori place names (macronised where applicable).
We acknowledge Lee Smith and his team from Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori (Maori Language Commission) for their invaluable assistance in providing the translations for our "Variances Lexicon" within Moana Kupu Whaiutu. Aku mihi nui ki a koe!
We also acknowledge Toitu Te Whenua (Land Information NZ) for the use of their database of New Zealand Place Names, from which we extracted and macronised a list of Maori place names for use in the Moana Kupu Whaiutu spell checking dictionaries.
If you require more information about Moana Kupu Whaiutu please email firstname.lastname@example.org